Tired of using 3 or 4 engineering tools to map a waterway?
Today, most planners must use AutoCAD, ArcView and Ohio Grassed Waterway Design Program at the very least to design a waterway. Not to mention 10-15 hours. And if that waterway didn’t cut it, it was back to the drawing board.
WaterwayBuilder changes all of that.
With WaterwayBuilder you can draw a waterway centerline right on an aerial photograph, split the waterway into multiple reaches, adjust the elevation of the reach ends, and change the slope of each reach.
Then, enter your own runoff curve number or let WaterwayBuilder calculate it for you. After computing waterway width and depth, the tool will plot cross sections and estimate the cubic yards of earthwork necessary – complete with a machine control file.
With WaterwayBuilder, you can:
- Run multiple iterations for best placement
- Estimate costs with accurate, local prices
- Offer better information for better decisions
- View or print a customizable report, including an accurate cost estimate
- Seamlessly create machine control files
- Increase the likelihood that a waterway will actually be built
- Increase turnaround speed for cost-share purposes
WaterwayBuilder is easy to use, fast and accurate. Don’t have any GIS experience? No problem. Within 60 minutes of training, you’ll have planned your first waterway and be looking forward to more.
All calculations are based on LiDAR and use established design standards.